Style Boxes

I was a late fashion bloomer and have never been very trendy, nor do I fit in any one “style” box. I’m a little bit country, pretty preppy, have a bohemian flair, rock the beach feel, and embrace the relaxed LA vibe. Depending upon my mood, the weather, and the day’s itinerary, you can find me in anything from a sundress and sandals or structured blazer with pumps and a pencil skirt to skinny faux leather pants and red heels with a slicked-back high bun.
Devaki and I

Preppy, feminine, casual style with my bestie. Wine country cool.

...

Read More »

The Weekender Bag

When wefirst moved to the East Coast years ago, I had this vision of us popping up to the Hamptons for a quick summer weekend, catching an impromptu Saturday night Broadway show in NYC, and spending long weekends on the Jersey shore. We would decide to go, I would toss what I needed into a gorgeous weekender bag,...

Read More »

Trouser Leg | Loose Top

Well to the first installment of the Trouser Leg Series! What: J Brand Trouser Pant, J. Crew shirt, Kate Spade pumps, Michael Kors sunnies, Ted Baker bag, misc. jewelry Wear Where: This is one of those universal outfits that can be worn in most offices (granted some only on “casual Friday”) and at after-work happy hours. With a quick shoe change (heeled sandals like these or wedges like these) it becomes fantastic for brunch....

Read More »

Trouser Leg

I have always loved wide leg pants – wide boot cut, flare, trouser – I actually wear cowboy boots so a true boot cut is imperative for my jeans to fit over my boots. I was a late participator in the skinny jean movement because I could not find a pair that made me feel fantastic. I finally discovered Rag & Bone and it was all over....

Read More »

Out With the Girls

Last Saturday I was getting ready to go over to my friends' place following the vague directions to "dress cute casual" so we can "either go out or stay in." Not the easiest of challenges as my original plan was to pajama-party-it with a movie and a bottle of wine. But, no big, jeans and a halter should do (though I did toss a cute romper in my purse just in case). After a hug and kiss from the little one ...

Read More »

A Beautiful Beginning to 2014

2013-12-31 11.15.32 New Year's Eve normally evokes images of sparkling dresses, stunning heels, champagne toasts, midnight kisses, and all the new beginnings the upcoming year will hold. At our household, we rang in 2014 with the Aussies, opting for a lunch with a view instead of late-night dancing. 99.9% of the reasoning behind this decision is our eight-month old son and the desire to be near him as the clock struck 12, even if he was asleep; the other 0.1% is that we just moved to Austin from DC and didn't want to be experimenting with babysitters. ...

Read More »